Housing and Land Management
The UNECE Housing and Land Management Unit is a secretariat to the UNECE Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management and its Working Party on Land Administration (WPLA), the Real Estate Market Advisory Group (REM) and the Forum of Mayors.
The Commitee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management (CUDHLM) works to promote:
- Affordable, adequate, climate-neutral housing, including for those with special needs and vulnerable population groups
- Compact, inclusive, circular, resilient, smart and sustainable cities
- Transparent and efficient land use, and property registration
This work is based on principles and objectives of key United Nations policy documents on housing and urban development, including, the Geneva UN Charter on Sustainable Housing and Place and Life in the ECE – A Regional Action Plan 2030. The proposed activities support implementation of decisions of the annual sessions of the Committee on Urban Development, Housing and Land Management.
Key areas of work
New videos to watch
- #Housing2030 - Time to think and do differently > link
- Gary Strong, Chair of the International Fire Safety Standards Coalition, on international standards on fire safety for buildings
- Olga Algayerova, Executive Secretary of UNECE, talks about SDG 11 - Sustainable Cities and Communities
- "Too little space for too many people", said Erion Veliaj, Mayor of Tirana, Albania, on the occasion of Day of Cities ( 8 April 2019, Geneva)
- "My call to action is to make sure that we listen to the people and the communities that those policies are designed for", said Susan Aitken, Leader of Glasgow City Council, on the occasion of Day of Cities (8 April 2019, Geneva)