UNECE conducts technical assistance projects to support transition economies and their trade institutions in Europe and Central Asia in their efforts to advance sustainable and digital trade facilitation.
- The Kyrgyz Republic (2019-2022)
Strengthening the capacity of the National Trade Facilitation Council to implement the WTO Trade Facilitation Agreement
About the project
The project aims at enhancing knowledge and technical capacities of policymakers and experts of the National Trade Facilitation Council, regulatory agencies, and other stakeholders of the Kyrgyz Republic to effectively implement trade facilitation policies and priority measures under Category C of the World Trade Organization (WTO) Trade Facilitation Agreement (TFA). It is also expected to contribute to the sustainable economic recovery from the impacts of COVID-19 pandemic. The United Nations Economic Commission for Europe’s (UNECE) work in the Kyrgyz Republic is of importance to foster the trade facilitation reforms to improve countries’ competitiveness in the region. The project is implemented in collaboration with the Ministry of the Economy and the National Trade Facilitation Council of the country.
- National Trade Facilitation Roadmap of the Kyrgyz Republic 2021–2025 (ECE/TRADE/464) English Russian
- Business Process Analysis (BPA): Export of textile products from the Kyrgyz Republic to the Russian Federation English Russian
- Business Process Analysis (BPA): Import of pharmaceutical products from the Russian Federation to the Kyrgyz Republic English Russian
- Training materials and capacity building events on selected articles of WTO TFA.
- 12-14 April 2022: 3rd International Seminar and Round Table on Trade Facilitation in the Kyrgyz Republic
Resolution from the Round Table is available in English and Russian
- 1-2 December 2021: Second International Seminar on Trade Facilitation in the Kyrgyz Republic
- 15-16 September 2021: International Seminar on Trade Facilitation in the Kyrgyz Republic
- 15 June 2021: Launch of the National Trade Facilitation Roadmap of the Kyrgyz Republic 2021-2025
- 27 October 2020: Expert Consultation Workshop for National Trade Facilitation Roadmap for Kyrgyzstan
- 29 May 2020: Project Launch Meeting (Virtual): Strengthening capacity of the trade facilitation stakeholders in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Kyrgyz Republic champions trade facilitation education in Central Asia with UNECE support
- Кыргызская Республика становится лидером в образовании по упрощению процедур торговли в Центральной Азии при поддержке ЕЭК ООН
- UNECE helps building up trade facilitation expertise in Kyrgyzstan
- UNECE and Kyrgyz Economic University aim to build local expertise in trade facilitation to boost trade in the region
- ЕЭК ООН и Кыргызский экономический университет стремятся к наращиванию опыта Кыргызской Республики в сфере упрощения процедур торговли для развития торговли
- ООН помогла Кыргызстану разработать документ по упрощению торговли
- UNECE and the Kyrgyz Republic launch the National Trade Facilitation Roadmap 2021-2025
- UNECE to support the Kyrgyz Republic in harnessing trade facilitation reforms for a sustainable post-COVID recovery
- ЕЭК ООН окажет поддержку Кыргызской Республики в осуществлении реформ по упрощению процедур торговли для устойчивого восстановления после коронавируса
- UNECE helps Kyrgyzstan “build back better” from Covid-19 through trade facilitation reforms
- Ms. Alla Shlykova
- The Kyrgyz Republic (2017-2018)
Strengthening the national capacity of trade-support institutions of Kyrgyzstan, 2017-2018 (Completed)
About the project
During 2017-2018, and following the recommendations of the trade needs assessment Regulatory and Procedural Barriers to Trade, UNECE has implemented a capacity-building project for trade-support institutions in Kyrgyzstan. To improve transparency and facilitate trade, the assessment recommends the establishment of “training facilities, equipped with trained staff and training material adapted to the local context, within relevant market support institutions, in order to familiarize traders with emerging trends in supply chain management marketing, outsourcing and financial management.
To respond to such recommendation, UNECE conducted capacity building activities to familiarized traders and government officials with a focus on the following subjects:
Supply chain management, facilitation of imports and exports procedures, and single window implementation:
- 22 - 25 May 2018 in Bishkek
- 28 - 29 May 2018 in Jalal-Abad
- 31 May - 1 June 2018 in Osh
Please see the Explanatory poster / Roll-up
- 22-25 May 2018 in Bishkek
- 28-29 May 2018 in Osh
UNECE training manual on Trade facilitation for easier access to regional and global markets English Russian UNECE Training Guide on Regulatory Frameworks and Market Surveillance (ECE/TRADE/441)
For more details about the project, please contact [email protected] and [email protected]
- Tajikistan (2017-2019)
Advancing the draft of the National Trade Facilitation Roadmap in Tajikistan, 2017-2019 (Completed)
Following the recommendations of the Needs Assessment on Regulatory and Procedural Barriers to Trade, during 2017-2019, UNECE has conducted a technical assistance project, involving multiple activities in support of the Government of Tajikistan, to advance trade facilitation reforms in the country. Such activities are based on the recommendations of the assessment, which cover a range of issues including customs regulations and border control procedures, access to information, the use of the electronic documents (including the Single Window), and regional integration.
The project has been implemented in close cooperation with the Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of the Republic of Tajikistan, and in collaboration with ITC and GiZ.
Capacity building activities
In the context of the project, UNECE has assisted the national Coordinating Committee on Trade Facilitation (CCTF) of the Republic of Tajikistan in the drafting of the National Trade Facilitation Roadmap for Export Enhancement and Diversification for the period 2019-2024.
In such connection , and in collaboration with ITC, UNECE has conducted a workshop on March 11-13. The purpose of the workshop was to train the members of the CCTF on key international standards for trade facilitation and e-business, with a focus on advancing authorized economic operator schemes, and to discuss and finalize the draft Roadmap.
Download the Agenda of the Consultation Workshop. The workshop included two modules:Day 1, 11 of March 2019
- Training sessions followed by plenary discussions on the establishment of an Authorized Economic Operator scheme, including challenges, benefits, and available international and regional good practices.
- Training sessions followed by plenary discussions for finalizing the National Trade Facilitation Roadmap, including prioritization of activities and implementation schedule, and identification of key performance indicators to measure progress in the implementation of the Roadmap.
- National Trade Facilitation Roadmap for Export Enhancement and Diversification
UNECE Guide to drafting National Trade Facilitation Roadmap
The National Trade Facilitation Roadmap for Exports Enhancement and Diversification of the Republic of Tajikistan 2019 – 2024 (ECE/TRADE/450)
For more information, please contact [email protected] and maria-[email protected]
- Trade Facilitation and Single Window for the Customs Union (2008)
Since 2008, the project has provided methodological support and technical assistance to countries of the Customs Union (Belarus, Kazakhstan, and the Russian Federation) and the Eurasian Economic Commission, with the objective of improving the understanding, planning and implementation of trade facilitation measures, notably by establishing Single Window facilities. It has raised the capacity of policy-makers and experts to create an enabling environment for trade facilitation and the Single Window, using international norms, standards and best-practice recommendations for trade facilitation and Single Window implementation. For information, please follow the link.