2. Policy measures taken in the country over the past 18 months, which might have a bearing on trade and markets of forest products or forest management. The UNECE/FAO Forest Products Annual Market Review, 2018-2019 is a background document for the Market Discussions. These would include:
- Impact of the COVID-19 outbreak and its impacts on forests and forest products markets and policy measures taken by your country to mitigate the impacts on the sector;
- Biotic and abiotic disturbances of forests, their impacts on forest products markets and trade and current and planned policy measures taken by your country to mitigate economic and ecologic impacts;
- Forests and the forest-based industries in a circular bioeconomy;
- Renewable energy policies and their impacts on forest products markets.
The Committee encouraged delegations to submit Country Market Statements in electronic format. The following Market Statements were received and are set out below without any changes or editing. Other member countries wishing to be added to the list are invited to send their texts to the secretariat at the contact address on the left.
Please note that the forecast tables are not necessarily part of the statement. The forecast data can be found here (current year forecasts will be available after the Committee meeting).